- Celiac disease:- it is a digestive disorder that affects fertility in male. Taking a gluten-free diet can help in getting fertility back during this medical condition.
- Medications:- cancer medications, testosterone replacement therapy, and other several medication and treatments can affect the fertility level of men.
- Industrial chemicals:- exposure to several chemicals and pesticides can lead to low sperm count in male. These chemicals include xylene, herbicides, organic solvents, etc.
- Heavy metal exposure:- exposure to lead and similar harmful metals damage the ability of sperm production in the male.
- X-rays and radiation:- exposure to radiation reduces the sperm count of male.
- Overheating of testicles:- testicles genetically need cool environment to produce sperm, and overexposure to heat can impair your sperm count.
Lifestyle and other causes
- Stress:- emotional stress interfere with hormone balance and destroy those hormones which are required for sperm production.
- Depression:- depression in men cause sexual dysfunction, reduced libido and also affects sperm production in the male.
- Weight:- Obesity or weight problems cause a very high imbalance in hormone levels of the body resulting in impairment of sperm production and affect testicles directly.
- Drugs use:- use of cocaine, steroids, and other drugs cause testicles to get shrink and lose their ability to produce sperms.
- Alcohol consumption:- consumption of alcohol causes erectile dysfunction and create a low sperm count in male.
- Tobacco consumption:- smoking tobacco affects our testosterone levels and reduces our sperm count.